Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Not Alone!

Josh is away for the next three days- he is taking some of our youth on a college tour- hitting five Christian schools in three days! But that leaves me home alone with two boys... whom I believe may be getting colds. While I am tempted to despair- God showed up in a very sweet and comforting way this morning! And so I will rejoice in knowing that even when Josh is away, I don't have to parent alone.

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills- from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth and even forevermore." -Psalm 121

What a precious promise- that in the night watches- He never slumbers! When Seth wakes every two hours, He is there with me. He will protect us from evil. He will watch our comings and goings. He is my shade from the heat of mothering! He is so good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!