Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Magnifying the Lord

And Mary said: “ My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. -Luke 1:46-47

What does it mean to magnify the Lord? The image that comes to my mind is that of a magnifying glass. And a magnifying glass makes everything appear bigger than it really is. But how can we as humans make God appear bigger than He really is? We cannot comprehend all that God is- so how can we make Him appear bigger!?!? Take a moment to ponder that! But what I believe Mary was doing was putting the spotlight on God. She could have easily made it all about her... the first pregnant virgin! Or she could have become proud... yeah, God chose ME. But she did neither. She put all the glory on God. She pointed everyone to look at Him! And that is what I want to do in my life. I pray that I could be so humble. I pray that I would worship Him so fully that He gets the credit for every good thing in my life. And I pray that this Christmas the spotlight would be fixed on HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!