|little missionary kids gathered around our table|
Our home and our lives are full because we have opened the door and welcomed friends, family and strangers. And God is glorified!
|University men cooking outside our house.|
- You expand your circle of influence. The Christian home is a miracle to be shared. As you open your home, you get to be a part of what God is doing in the lives of others. You might even get the privilege of welcoming some heart into the kingdom of God.
- You link arms with brothers and sisters in Christ. God has a family and you are a part of it. Hospitality is a great avenue for hearing someone's testimony and story. Your heart will be encouraged by their story. If you fall down, they are there to pick you up.
- You get more hands to help with dish washing. Hospitality does not mean you run a hotel. There is such a blessing in working side by side with your guests- dishes, meal preparation, sweeping the floor- many hands make light work!
- Your kids get to meet all kinds of cool people. I can't count the number books that have been read, or cars that have been played with from all the guests we've had. My boys' lives are richer because of all our hosting.
- You will reap what you sow. "He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows generously will also reap bountifully... And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work." -2 Corinthians 9:6, 8 As you give and share and open your home, God will provide for all your needs. "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith." Galatians 6:9-10
|International women in our living room.|
Pray for us as we open our home on Saturday to at least 50 university women for our annual Ladies Fun Day!