Wednesday, January 29, 2014

1% Testimony: Simiyu

United Faith Chapel is not a ministry to me; it’s a home away from home. I was serving their from 2006-2009 as a leader of Born to Serve ministry (dance and drama team). It gave me an opportunity to see young energetic people grow both physically intellectually and above all spiritually. 

To date I know where some of the ministry alumni are and how God is elevating them to greater places, to me that is a total blessing 

At the moment am serving in Moi University back in my country Kenya with a ministry called Uzima ministries. This ministry is purely made to help in discipleship of university students since all students face similar situations, its only location that differs. 

I left Kampala in December 2009, in January 2010 God opened doors for me to come and serve here and continue the discipleship program that has impacted my heart. I must confess that I thought I would be serving in university ministry for only one year but to date, this is my 5th year being in full time university ministries. 

The best thing about university ministry is that they are here for a short season and if we reach them before they get corrupted by the systems around campus, there is enormous transformation that continues when they are through with campus and back to their homes. The new constitution in Kenya currently gives huge requirement for people who are expected to lead in top government positions and one of the main requirements is they must be degree holders. So our prayer and goal is to disciple these young people before they go out and take these key responsibilities.  

-by Simiyu, Uzima Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!