Monday, February 02, 2015

A Tale of Two Mornings {a lesson in grace and second chances}

Some days the cup of coffee is just not big enough.  True, I shouldn't even be drinking coffee in my pregnant state- but let's face it- this is baby #4.

So, yesterday came screaming to life with the sound of our baby girl in the monitor. at 5am. I climb out of bed. Wrestle my mosquito net. Drag my feet down the hall. All the while grumbling in my heart. Crank-City.

Now, if Jesus sweetly wakes me at 5am- that's one thing. If a needy child wakes me- it's an entirely different, ugly thing.

I trudged through the morning; everyone in this house was aware that I was not happy. Eventually I got some time with Jesus and He gently revealed {again} that this is the real me.

He has filled me with His Spirit, and whatever good things are in this heart are all HIM. Anything ugly that flows forth is me: sin-sick and selfish.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
And so 5am rolled around again today and baby girl was ready to party. I had a choice: start the day like I did yesterday and let self run the show, or press in and let Him do my living. Praise the Lord for second chances, and for opportunities to try again after we have failed! He is so good to us.

Friend, do you have a weakness you would rather hide?? I've done that- and the hiding gets lonely. Let's boast in those weaknesses- so that His power may rest on us today!

Here's to early mornings and second chances! Praying grace upon grace for your Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!