Thursday, August 24, 2017

Quietly...

As the thunder rolls in the distance and the clouds gather over the city... I'm peeking back into this space- it's been long- and I've missed it.

we have traversed a season of quiet brokenness and of healing, of grieving and of growing and I am looking around this online space feeling almost like a stranger. I read back on old posts and I am stunned by my own thoughts (for good or ill). Some posts are hitting me profoundly. Others make me shake my head and wonder who that person is.

Also, I'm not quite sure how the landscape of the blogosphere has changed while I've been away. I don't know if I can or want to try and keep up. Do I still fit in this space? Are blogs even a thing anymore?

I know that I am different. I also know I still have much to say. But there isn't this urge to be heard. Or this pressure to produce. It's more like a home-sickness. Like a wistful glance at an old photo of a sweet time and place I'll never get back.

The Lord has brought us through a difficult season and the answers don't come as easy as they used to. But even though I've been quiet here on the blog He hasn't stopped speaking. He has been meeting me and filling me... So as I think about returning to this space, I'm pretty sure it's more for me than for you. But I would love to have some traveling companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!