Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Ash Wednesday

I last wrote during Advent and now it is Lent. I love Lent. Yes, that's weird. But I feel strangely at home during this desert season. Perhaps I know that He loves to show up during the hard times... I love this article from 1890: The Alluring.

"Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her." -Hosea 2:14

This year we are preparing to return to Uganda, raising funds and raising our kids... it is a hectic season. And so I crave the solitude of the desert. We are fixing our eyes on the God we can trust in this crazy season! I AM: 40 Reasons to Trust God. And I am already loving it.

And for me, I found this free Lenten ebook (just subscribe to her blog and you get the book!). Sabbath and Lent two of my favorite things! What if we could give up one day a week for Lent and see what God can do?


For further Ash Wednesday inspiration:


1 comment:

Thanks for joining the conversation!